5 Benefits of Performance Coaching
- Development of self-awareness
- Greater clarity of your roles and objectives
- Improvement in your performance, targets and goals
- Increased ability to identify solutions
- Increased confidence
- Greater ownership and responsibility
What is Performance Coaching?
Performance Coaching (or High Performance Coaching) is a process where one person (the coach) facilitates the development and action planning of another (the coachee), in order to bring about or accelerate positive changes in different areas of the life of the coachee.
Performance Coaching is less about giving advice or the coach sharing opinions, but helping you, the coachee, to discover and use your full potential.
Performance coaching conversations usually kick off with finding out your “starting points” – your visions or life ambitions. Then, it moves on to explore the directions in which you need to move to achieve those visions, and the steps you need to take to do so.
Why would I need a Performance Coach?
Performance coaching helps you explore your motivation, and overcome the obstacles that hold you back. Coaches help you to ask and answer essential questions; some inconvenient, some obvious but avoided or overlooked. It’s about both support and challenge. It’s particularly useful for the following:
- Navigating career/life change points – An example of a career change point could be the transition from being primarily seen as a manager to being seen as a leader – someone who offers clear guidance and genuine inspiration. Coaching can help you navigate these change points more successfully.
- Making fundamental changes to performance or behavior – This involves the equivalent of athletes breaking bad habits in their game, and relearning basic skills the right way.
- Handling major setbacks – Performance coaching can help you recover from major business or personal setbacks. In particular, it can help you address work-life imbalances, or deal with major episodes of stress or burnout.
- Long-range career or life planning – While some people may prefer not to have a “life plan,” there’s robust evidence that shows that people who have clear plans and goals are more likely to be successful in the long term. Your performance coach can help you in establishing yours.
Who can benefit from Performance Coaching?
If you are in a position where you want to be your best and use all your resources your Performance Coach can help you find your personal edge, be it in business or personal life.
We are focusing on executives, leaders and entrepreneurs, but anyone who wants to grow and live their best lives does benefit from Performance Coaching.
You have to be open to new things, to give everything a try and be ready to be astonished by the results you will get.
Want to learn more about our Performance Coaching offers?