5 Benefits of Leadership Coaching
The benefits of Leadership Coaching are not limited to your work life, most of what you will do and experience will have a flow on effect into your personal life as well, and most of the techniques you will learn can be applied in any area of your life.
Some of the benefits of leadership coaching are:
- Clarity on your values and what you stand for, which leads to greater conviction
- Awareness of blind spots – Ideas for ways to improve that you may have not seen so far
- Deeper learning – about yourself, human beings (=co-workers), how you’re perceived, where you can improve
- Awareness of perspectives, beliefs, and attitudes that may be holding you back
- Get better results – personal growth, greater productivity, successful career, sustainable business
What is Leadership Coaching?
Good leadership is an essential element of any successful organisation. There are many good managers but less excellent leaders. According to D. Eisenhower leadership is an art and according to Prof. Warren Bennis leaders do the right things while managers do things right.
Today’s challenges in business (globally and nationally), in society and life in general require a new, modern kind of leadership. Just a few people are naturally born leaders but necessary skills can also be learned.
Leadership Coaching is an individualized process that builds a leader’s capacity to achieve organisational goals.
The coaching is personalized, customized and usually conducted one-on-one. The coaching process runs over a defined period of time. A leadership coach will not do the work for you, but he will help you clarify your vision, your goals and what to do to get from A to B. Your coach will hold you accountable and keep you focused and motivated. Like any business person you will be able to learn and grow with the help of your business coach.
The overarching goal of a good coach is to help you be the very best version of yourself as a leader, executive, and as person in general.
Why would I need a Leadership Coach?
Are you aware of today’s required leadership skills and experiences? Are you in a leadership position achieving everything and anything expected of you? Will you soon be promoted to a leadership position and are confident you can manage the new task? Are you known for being balanced and happy while highly successful?
If that is you, congratulations. You might not need a business coach.
But then again, even a top sports person like Roger Federer still employs coaches to get qualified feedback on what he is doing.
So if you want to
- learn about required skills of modern leadership
- understand what it is that drives members of your team (staff)
- build successful teams
- be accepted as leader by others
- get clear on your own goals & vision and learn by how far they match with those of your company
enhance your personal development
- get feedback about your strength and weaknesses
- have support while transitioning through different stages of your career
balance your personal with your business life
- be encouraged, supported and motivated along the way
then you will benefit greatly from leadership coaching.
If you really want all of these and hence be the one others want to follow, a Leadership Coach is the right choice for you.
Who can benefit from Leadership Coaching?
Everybody who is in a people leading position (team leaders, head of department, executive, etc.) and who needs to lead, motivate and encourage others.
Contact us to find out more about how we can support you.